[OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II

Subject: [OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 15:44:39 -0700
Even high-bitrate MP3s? I can occasionally hear a little weird air in
192 kbps encoding, but usually only on things where the sound of the
room is really complex. The 320 kbps files sound pretty much exactly
like the source to my ears. FWIW, I keep a 20 gig drive full of 192
kbps MP3 files in the trunk of my car hooked into the CD changer
controls of my factory stereo. With the road noise I can't hear any
imperfections in the encoding. I might as well be listening to CDs.