[OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II

Subject: [OM] Re: My personal Film vs. Digital tests - II
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 06:51:39 -0700 (PDT)
Joel Wilcox wrote:
> Some of them Ag Schnozz has already summarized better than
> I could have (I hate it when he does that),

It's an Iowa thing.

> but I do like how digital greens are rendered, for some
> reason.

Whereas I'm the opposite. I'm really struggling to get the
greens the way I like them.  There is no substitute for Velvia.
The only way I've been able to get the greens to land right is
to dial out some blue-channel gamma, but that ends up skewing
everything else.

> One apparent difference in taste between us is that I
> apparently like a little noise.  I have literally never used
> NR software on any E-1 photograph that I have printed of any >
size (I can print up to 11 x 14 on my Photo EX).

I wish I could say the same thing.  For web-display, I may whack
some noise out. For portraiture prints I'm leaving things alone.
 Anything ISO 400 and above does 'usually' benefit from some
noise-reduction.

AG

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail