[OM] My personal Film vs. Digital tests - I

Subject: [OM] My personal Film vs. Digital tests - I
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 23:25:37 -0700
On my recent trip, I took a few images with both OM-4 and 300D with the
same subjects <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/FvD01.htm>.

This one is a pretty fair test, in that the same iso was used for both
and the zooms were at pretty similar effective focal lengths. The film
shot looked pretty grainy, but had been cropped some, so I lightened the
grain some in NeatImage, but leaned toward image detail over absolute
grain reduction. I suppose I need to do some testing at different
scanner dpis, to see how that affects grain, but that sounds a lot like
work....

The film scan was much bigger than the 300D image. Both were downsampled
to the same jpeg size with WPPro.

Fuel on the fire?? :-)

Moose