[OM] Re: OM1 batteries

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1 batteries
From: "Jim Caldwell" <jamesfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:57:07 -0400
Thanks Moose, I'll pass that on to him!

Jim Caldwell
Stock Photography
www.specialty-media.com

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Moose
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 10:30 PM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

Jim Caldwell wrote:

>I'm sorry if this has bee asked before, but someone just wrote to me and is
>trying to find a source for batteries for his OM1 camera.
>
>Any suggestions, or is there a common substitute available?

Many of us have small private stashes, but they are not comercially
available, since mercury battery production stopped world wide some
years ago.

Wein air batteries are a sort of OK stopgap solution, but have limited
life once unsealed.

The CRIS MR-9 adapter is the same size as the original batteries and
converts the smaller #386 silver-oxide battery to work properly in place
of the mercury battery. They are available from our own John H.
<http://zuiko.com/Whatsleft.htm>, as well as other sources.

CLAs by John or Clint may include adapting the camera body to use 357
batteries.

Moose

List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx