[OM] Re: Zuiko Digital/Zuiko Analog Bakeoff

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko Digital/Zuiko Analog Bakeoff
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 06:55:29 -0500
At 03:19 AM 4/10/2005 -0700, you wrote:
> >http://soli.inav.net/~jdub/day/ZD-Zu-bakeoff.html
> > <http://soli.inav.net/%7Ejdub/day/ZD-Zu-bakeoff.html>
> >Sorry if this has been done to death.  I don't remember seeing much of this
> >kind of thing.
> >

>That's a great example, quite useful. Pretty much confirms what I've
>found with the 300D, that the 5-6mp DSLRs don't exceed the resolution
>capabilities of at least the better OM Zuikos.
>
>Moose

Thanks for the inspiration.  It doesn't really answer Chuck's question
about as to whether the Zuikos are up to resolving for the 8MP sensors, but
unless Olympus plans to come out with a whole new line of lenses suited to
8, 12, 22 MP sensors,  I suspect the old Zuikos will have their selective
moments in the sun.

I noted that there is firmware for the 14-54.  Maybe "resolution
adjustments" will be done in the future through firmware upgrades! 8^0

Joel W.