[OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:52:40 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>Ah well.  Norton SystemWorks 2001 is gone... I think.  And AVG is
>running.  It's also time to replace Netscape 7.1 with Firefox.

So I"m curious, why replace Netscape with Firefox? I heard all this
noise about Firefox and installed it. I can't see that it does anything
Netscape doesn't and I can't see that it is any faster at anything I
tried than Netscape. They are VERY similar, which makes sense, as they
have the same roots.

Firefox did somehow steal my cache so that typing the start of a URL in
Firefox brought up prior complete URLs to choose from that had been
originally accessed in Netscape and they disappeared from Netscape.
Since that meant I couldn't conveniently use both for a while, I just
went back to what was working fine for me. I can see switching from IE
to either one, but no reason to switch from one to the other. I didn't
try their mail app. I'm quite happy with Netscape mail and didn't want
to do a bunch of backing up before trying it.

Moose