[OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Any virus checker recommendations?
From: jason.gidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:27:48 +0100
Piers wrote:

<snip>
Hmm, if you have never had a virus, Donald, apart from being lucky, you
haven't any way of knowing how good AVG is!  Not that I have any way
either,
</snip>

Hi guys & gals,

I've been using AVG for a few years now and its great for something that is
gratis.  However, it doesn't stop all adware & spyware and its not
foolproof on the virus front either.  I've currently got the PSW.Briss
virus on my PC (not this one, my home one) and its embedded in an archive.
Consequently its proving difficult to get rid of the blighter.  I would
still advocate using AVG though as its intercepted everything else.

For info, at home I'm running XP Pro with SP 2.

My 2 cents.

Jason.

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in the
United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in the
United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority.