[OM] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 07:33:36 -0500
I sold  both back in the early to mid 80s.  When demoed side-by-side,
nearly everyone acknowledged the difference in quality of image.  The
recording time difference was a factor (significant to some), but the
bigger factor, IIRC, was the price.  Consumer Beta machines were about
$65-100 USD more expensive than a VHS with similar features.  That was a
lot of cash at that time, especially for people who were using it to
record off-air shows.  The price of movies on tape was relatively higher
then, and renting was not that convenient.

Earl