[OM] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras
From: "d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:19:32 -0000
On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 10:06:55 +1100, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Isn't that why the ENG industry still uses Beta?

Dunno what it's like now, but when I was at Grampian TV our ENG shot on
Umax, transferred to Beta for use in the station. Some of the machines
could use Umax straight from the camera. Lending tapes were converted
again to VHS. But the archive, such as it was (I was there to advise on
its development), was Beta.

The Umaxes were used again and again until they got to noisy. Usually you
could edit a second or two out of them to get worthwhile footage, but
eventually...

D.

--
Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS