[OM] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Kyocera Dumps Cameras
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 00:25:24 -0800
Not exactly. Sony developed the Betamax and refused to license to other
Japanese companies. They formed a consortium to develop a competing
system that would share the rights among them. JVC did most of the
heavy lifting in the technical development of VHS. Matsushita was the
marketing genius of the group.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA