[OM] Re: Software for photo editing

Subject: [OM] Re: Software for photo editing
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:19:45 -0700
Andrew Gullen wrote:
 >>[I wrote]
>>http://www.danielmitchell.net/gal/nikon/exposure_comp
> That's amazing - the darkened grass near the trees makes it look exactly as
> though you'd used a grad filter!

  Yeah, I don't think this is a particularly new photographic idea --
it's just a lot easier to do it with photoshop than with on-camera
filters, and as the link on luminous-landscape points out, you aren't
restricted to just a single division between light and dark, you could
bring up/down the sky in any part of the image.

  I'm sure you can do the same sort of thing in a wet darkroom too by
blocking off part of the negative/print and doing two exposures -- I
just like having an Undo button for when I get things wrong..

  -- dan