[OM] Re: The travel kit again

Subject: [OM] Re: The travel kit again
From: BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:05:25 -0500

Bernard,

Some comments:

>The kit I had imagined until today:
>OM-4Ti
>21/3.5
>35/2
>85/2
>135/2.8
>Kiron 1.5x TC (i.e., 200/4 with the 135/2.8)
>Viv 2x macro TC (i.e., 270/5.6 with the 135/2.8)
>
>Plus:
>Extension tubes (Oly 7 + Viv 12)
>T-20 + autoconnector + 2m cord + Omnibounce
>Very light tripod (Manfrotto 714)
An excellent combination. I would probably leave out at least one TC, and
seriously consider if the extension tubes are worth the trouble. Also, the
strobe and tripod. (Of course, I detest traveling with a tripod. If they're not
a lot of hassle to carry, they do little good, and they always make so many
others happy!) About the strobe and the tubes, if your photography requires
frequent use, they're worth the weight, otherwise...

>Now, today I have bought a nice Tamron 350/5.6 (mirror lens), which
>can give me reach in a compact lens.
>
>So... the kit I am thinking of taking now:
>21/3.5
>35/2
>85/2 or 100/2.8 ?
>Kiron 1.5x TC or Viv 2x macro TC ?
>Tamron 350/5.6
>
>And I also have available:
>Tamron 17/3.5
>24/2.8
>50/1.8 MIJ
>50/1.5 > 1.1M
>50/3.5
>135/2.8
>180/2.8
>200/4
>35-105/3.5-4.5
>35-70/3.5-4.5
>
>Any thoughts?
First off, you simply need more Zuikos. That's always the answer.

The 300 mirror lens in an interesting idea, but it may be of little utility. An
aside, I'm traveling to Italy in early June, and I will take:
OM2s
28-48
100/2.8
24/2.8 OR 21/2 (not both!)
and optionally, 50/1.8 or 1.2.

Oh, and lots of film.

But then again, I'm weight sensitive, too!

Bill Pearce

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.