[OM] Re: The travel kit again

Subject: [OM] Re: The travel kit again
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:00:07 +0100
>The 350/5.6 is a decent lens but only usable when focused at infinity
>with nothing in the foreground or with the foreground greatly separated
>from the background due to the horrible bokeh. I tried it out as a
>lightweight travel lens but found it near useless for wildlife for this
>reason. So I'd stick with the 135 + 2x macro. But the more photos I take
>the more I realize that to me bokeh is one of the most if not _the_ most
>important charateristic of a lens. I'll take it over razor sharp almost
>every time.

Thanks Mike, I think I remember you took a 500/8 or a 350/5.6 mirror
lens on a trek somewhere in 2004.

My main use would probably be unobtrusive people shots (in addition
to "in the action" 21 or 35mm wide angle lenses, or short tele for
portrait). I'm afraid the "noisy" background will be a problem in
this situation.

Bernard