[OM] Re: The travel kit again

Subject: [OM] Re: The travel kit again
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:01:56 +0100
>For the OMs, I've got a Slik Compact tripod, which has done me good
>service for a long time -- you wouldn't want to have a 1000/11 on there,
>and you wouldn't want to use it in high wind, and you wouldn't want to
>use it if you object to crouching down to set it up.

The manfrotto I got is not that compact, but at
1.1kg should be bearable. It comes with its own
bag.

Manfrotto 714B Digi Mini Tripod w/permanent friction ballhead
(http://www.manfrotto.com/product/templates/templates.php3?sectionid=303&itemid=1990)

Maximum Height (with extended center column): 163 cm (64.2 inches)
Maximum Height: 133 cm (52.4 inches)
Closed Length: 44 cm (17.3 inches)
Leg Sections: 4
Maximum Load Capacity: 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs)
Weight: 1.1 kg (2.5 lbs)

Slik Compact with head
(http://www.slik.com/lwse.html)

Maximum Height (with extended center column?): 99 cm (39.0 inches)
Closed Length: 36 cm (14.2 inches)
Leg Sections: 4
Maximum Load Capacity: ?
Weight: 0.6 kg (1.3 lbs)