[OM] Re: Digital primes

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital primes
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:43:57 -0500
Andrew said:
The zoom-prime ratio may be improving (3 new of each slated for release
in 2005) but I fail to understand if this is Olympus' 'Pro' system why
primes aren't in the majority - since when have pro photographers used
predominantly zoom lenses?  Anyone care to enlighten me on this?

Depends on what you're shooting.  I think landscape, architecural and
macro photographers would be using primes on tripods since they are
looking for best possible resolution... which also probably means not
using an E-1.

Portrait, event and journalism photographers will most likely be found
using zooms unless shooting in low light where speed is more important.

Chuck Norcutt