[OM] Re: Digital primes

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital primes
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:39:46 +0000
I once was a prime lens snob myself, never owning any sort of zoom for still
photography for many years, although all the while using various Angineaux
zooms on 16mm motion picture cameras.  But that was my job.

Optical technology advancements interfered with my prejudice, and today I
occasionally carry a kit consisting of only zoom lenses: 19-35/3.5-4.5 Phoenix,
35-80/2.8 Zuiko, and 80-200/2.8 Tamron SP.  As much as I hate leaving behind
21/2, 35/2 50/2, 100/2 and 180/2.8 Zuikos, I'm not at all sure I could tell any
difference in the end product.

Tempus just fugits right on, whether we keep up or not.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --