[OM] Re: WTB: OM-1 viewing screen with grid> Now Shift Lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: OM-1 viewing screen with grid> Now Shift Lenses
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:16:23 -0500
Have you considered the Arsat shifts as a temporary fix if you are jonesing
for a shift lens. The tilt and shift 35mm f2.8 is now available in a proper
OM mount (I have this confirmed from one of the sellers on eBay that it is a
native mount and NOT an M42 with a Jolos adapter). Plus you would get the
tilt ability that the Zuiko isn't going to give you anyway. They can be
found for well under $400 (3874421971 for instance).

Alternatively you can do what I did have pick up one of the early Nikon's
and have it remounted for OM.
<http://ebay.sepke.net/images/Nikon/DSC01661.JPG>
<http://ebay.sepke.net/images/Nikon/DSC01665.JPG>

I had to take one back for our side given the number of 24mm shifts that got
remounted for Nikon. I will admit that I don't have a regular need for a
shift and this was a very affordable way in. And when I do need to shift it
I get to do it 1968 stylee... In all seriousness the Nikon is still a good
performer based on my result when I have used it (sorry no scans at the
moment).

If I was to go after a shift now the Arsat would be on my list, for the tilt
feature alone. BTW the 80mm TS is also available in native OM mount too.

Dan S.