[OM] Re: WTB: OM-1 viewing screen with grid

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: OM-1 viewing screen with grid
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeff.olympus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:40:25 -0800
It's probably level to the accuracy I can read the level. It shouldn't be
too hard to set the camera on a level table and adjust the hot shoe with
shims to get it as level as you wanted. The real advantage of the bubble
level is both providing a quick easy to use reference and a sanity check,
not absolute precision. I've been places where all of the trees lean the
same direction ... If you use a tripod regularly the bubble level sure seems
worth its price to me.

Although I mostly use an OM4, I'm pretty sure I'm a bigger source of error
than the hot shoe. RRS sells the hot shoe bubble levels for $30 and some
multi purpose rails(long quick release plates) that have a built in bubble
level for $75.

-jeff