[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 07:36:09 +0000
V interesting AG. Particularly the third party ink performance - I had
always assumed longevity was in large part down to the ink. I guess the
problem is that not all third party inks are created equal.

I too have ended up favouring the Ilford Classic Galerie, except via a
much more haphazard route - I think claiming any kind of testing was
involved would be pushing it. My one reservation is with printing b/w,
where I think that the Canon pro glossy gives the most neutral b/w
(other paperss show v slight colour cast).

Does your print driver not have a grey scale print option? My i865 does
where I assume it just uses the two blacks.

James