[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:26:40 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> 5. Ilford Galarie Classic Pearl/Glossy. I absolutely love both
> papers, but give the nod towards the Pearl surface as it is a
> direct knockoff of Fuji Crystal Archive and has LONG life.

  Have you tried the Crystal Archive for printing on? I saw it recently
and was tempted, but nowhere seems to want to sell it in small chunks
and I don't want to end up stuck with one wonky print and 19 expensive
bits of scrap paper..

> My only real complaint with the Canon printer is that it always
> uses the colors when printing black.  Pages of text waste all
> the inks, not just the black ink.

  They've fixed that for the newer ones, just set "monochrome image" in
the printer driver and that seems to do the trick.

  -- dan