[OM] Re: Go Kits and multi-camera shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: Go Kits and multi-camera shooting
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:20:00 -0800
Bernard Frangoulis wrote:

>But what if your aim when carrying two bodies is not to use 2
>different films, but to avoid having to change lenses too often, i.e.
>you mount your 2 "main" lenses on these 2 bodies?

One solution is to hang them both around your neck at once
<http://www.optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=24&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=&CATEGORY_ID=4>.

I don't think I'd find that practical most of the time, too much weight.

>I normally carry.............
>So... two bodies with lenses mounted in the bag

So what do you have around your neck or in your hand while the two
bodies are in the bag?  :-)

I don't work with two bodies at once all that often, but when I do, one
body with lens attached is in the bag with the other lenses and the
other is out ready for use. For a 'go' kit, I mostly use a LowePro
Photorunner, with both shoulder strap and waistpack strap.  It has a
dual zipper, wide opening top, so one may just grab out one body and
drop in the other in seconds. If you simply must have neck and hands
free and both cameras 'put away' part of the time, how about one of
those camera holster bags at your waist? The 'extra' body/lens can just
drop into that when necessary and no fiddling with the bag to get them
out quickly.

A camera in the hand is worth two in a bag.

Moose