[OM] Re: OT For the 4X4 Listees

Subject: [OM] Re: OT For the 4X4 Listees
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 06:42:52 +0000
James

I took it as a light-hearted comment (using skis instead of a motor
vehicle).   And Robert did not suggest closing roads.  I suppose he was
merely questioning the automatic reliance on a machine when there are
other more eco-friendly methods of transport available for short
distances.

Global warming has come to the UK and we don't get snow where I live
(:-(), but if there were as much as that I might have kept my rather
expensive ML270 diesel 4 x 4.  As it is, I have been able to dump it
for a much more reliable little BMW 320d, saving myself money for
diesel and the world its fossil fuels ...

Chris