[OM] Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)

Subject: [OM] Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:15:09 -0000
At a nincompoop customer today, he showed me his Canon EOS 300D. 5
strange black rectangles in the viewfinder and no obvious way of
focussing it. Nincompoop had never switch it to MF anyway so didn't have
a clue.

How do you focus accurately manually on this camera? Change the
focussing screen to something sensible?

BTW, know it's not necessarily supposed to be the best, but compared to
OM gear it was horrible to hold: strange shape (not enough grip one side
to grasp it properly) nasty switchgear, nasty light feel to the lens
(though I don't think he had a Canon lens on it), horrible, light,
plastic feel -- all without actually being that light to go with it.

I'm sure it takes good pictures (not in nincompoop's paws, I dare say),
but I don't think I could get any pleasure out of owning one.

Simon