[OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:57:13 -0500
The 300D's do work, and quite well for many, many people.

But 99.5% of 300D users never take their camera out of AF mode and most
probably don't know how.  Modern AF cameras, the E-1 included, do not have MF
aids in their focusing screens.  I hope that Olympus will release one, but I
may be waiting a long time.  These cameras aren't very good at rapid, critical
manual focusing, although the E-1's focusing screen is quite good and the
images snap into focus very nicely, especially with f/2.0 OM-System Zuiko
lenses.

And I wish that the E-1's finder rectangles blinked red when the AF system
locked on, like Canon's.  That's a very nice feature.  Do the rectangles light
up in MF mode?

Skip