[OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:11:21 -0000
Skip wrote:

> The 300D's do work, and quite well for many, many people.
>
> But 99.5% of 300D users never take their camera out of AF
> mode and most probably don't know how.  Modern AF cameras,
> the E-1 included, do not have MF aids in their focusing
> screens.  I hope that Olympus will release one, but I may be
> waiting a long time.

To be honest, I was fairly shocked at the prospect of having to change
the focussing screen to permit manual focussing. The concept that
(effectively) there *is* no manual focussing would completely rule out
any such camera for me. That makes it nothing more than a snapshot
camera, not a serious photographer's camera. I'm actually quite shocked
at this revelation.

> And I wish that the E-1's finder rectangles blinked red when
> the AF system locked on, like Canon's.  That's a very nice
> feature.  Do the rectangles light up in MF mode?

I don't know. I didn't get that far, I'm afraid.

Regards,

Simon