[OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:18:12 -0000

Can't see why you would need to change focusing screen to manually focus on
the 300D. Hold focus lock  with the shutter button and then adjust manually
should do the trick. Failing that flick the AF switch to off.

Canon AF is quite a sophisticated system.... see

http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/EOS_Digital.pdf

for far too much in-depth information.

If anybody would like a 'light' discussion on actual operation of the 1D
MarkII AF please contact me off list.