[OM] OT Happy New Year, was Is The Mac Dead?

Subject: [OM] OT Happy New Year, was Is The Mac Dead?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 06:54:49 +0000
Indeed, welcome back Jan; but it is not interesting that we hear from
you,again, after a while,  over an OT dicussion about computer
platforms? ;-)  I hope that you had a good Christmas.  Have you gone
digital yet?

Happy New Year to you as well Fernando.  34ºS and 56ºW certainly feels
a long way from 52ºN and on the Greenwich meridian.  Thinking of
meridians, did anyone here realise that the Italians once had their own
meridian, running through Rome?  Their F-104s' inertial navigation
systems were aligned using this meridian and all their waypoints had
therefore to be measured relative to the same...

And for those who are worrying about its plural, "virus", which comes
from the Latin for "slimy liquid" etc ... was a neuter noun; so the
plural was "virus" (in Latin) rather than "viri".

Chris

On 1 Jan 2005, at 05:10, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

> LOL !! :^)
>
> Welcome back, Jan. It' been a while since you last posted. Thought you
> were
> either shooting with a L*ic* or gone digital.
>
> Happy New Year to all, from here at 34º 55' S - 56º 10' W.
> And 35º Celsius over zero today. A tiresome day.
>
> Fernando.
>
>> From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]   Is The MAC Dead
>>
>> :::: Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is
>> the merger of state and corporate power. -- Benito Mussolini

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.
+44 (0)7092 251126