[OM] Re: Am I out of line? (Ebay politics)

Subject: [OM] Re: Am I out of line? (Ebay politics)
From: Doug <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 01:36:17 -0500
On Friday December 31 2004 10:07 pm, you wrote:
snip

> I did that! I even provided him with an 800 number so he could contact my
> bank and ask them directly about the issue. It didn't seem to help...
>
> -mike

People sometimes can be so clueless that they must have worked hard at being
stupid and annoying. There are a number of people that work around the idea
that if they want something and can be aggressive and obnoxious enough they
will get it. It works just often enough that it keeps them going. They fail
to see the number of times their actions hurt them. I think you did more than
enough. As far as negative feedback is concerned a few shouldn't hurt you at
all. For cameras I don't even read the comments if the negatives are 1% or
less. If the feedback is between 95% and 98% then I read the feedback and try
to get a feal for what the problems are. I generally try to see if it is a
problem of the item being of a much less quality than described or is it a
problem that the individual tends to be a slow shipper/ communicator. The
first is a problem for me. The second I can live with.

I hope it comes out alright for you.