[OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead
From: Michael Darling <miked2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:19:04 -0500
On 12/31/04 4:53 PM, "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All fascinating, but his observations that their market share is UNDER
> Linux' is dead on.

Fine with me. I'll let the rest of the computing world deal with the other
97% of the spyware, viri, etc.

I recently got a 12" powerbook and amongst all of the machines I looked at
it was the best deal. It seemed solid than the cheaper PCs and with apple's
student discounts it turned out to be a GREAT deal. Equivalent Sony
machines, which I considered to be its only competition, were not any
cheaper. I ended up getting one of the new iPods for about $200 less than
retail in the deal as well. Makes my 2 hours on the train each day much less
painful.

-mike