[OM] Re: For Sale -- New Year Clear-out (UK but will post worldwide)

Subject: [OM] Re: For Sale -- New Year Clear-out (UK but will post worldwide)
From: Holly Chant <sablemist333@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:55:35 -0800 (PST)
Hi there,

I read your post, and I would be interested in hearing
more and seeing pictures of your OM-1, body only.  As
I am in the United States, could you please give me
the cost in my dollars?

Just FYI, this camera would be for myself.  I wanted
to get an Olympus OM-1 back in the 70s, and for one
reason or another, I never did do it.  I have recently
decided that after all these years & all the cameras
I've tried, I still want to get this camera that I
wanted in the first place.  :-)   I recently did win
an OM-2 with some lenses on eBay, but I have not
received them yet.... but I still want an OM-1, so
please let me know more about it when you have a
chance.

Thank you so much,

Holly

--- Simon Worby <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Location: Newbury, UK (will post anywhere at cost)
>
> Before they go on eBay, this is a list of what I
> have for sale to "tidy" up my collection. There's
> one non-OM bit -- a lovely Gossen Lunasix 3 which is
> a perfect stablemate to the OM-1 for spot/incident
> readings.
>
> The OM-1 was my wife's. It was bought 10 years ago
> and rarely used, hence its sale. The 28 and 135
> lenses are my "best" examples collected off eBay,
> but I find I don't use them enough to justify
> keeping them. The 50 lens is in super condition, but
> I have another 1.8 and a couple of 1.4s along with a
> 55 1.2, so it's just not used.
>
> I would have loved to have been able to give the
> camera, the 50, 28 and one of the 135s away as a set
> to someone deserving who wanted a super combo to
> learn photography with. But alas I don't know
> anyone. It's with a slightly heavy heart I see this
> set go, but I accept I can't keep everything.
>
> Full details are available as a Word document, and
> photos also. Please contact me off-list with what
> you are interested in and I will send the details
> and photos. The prices are suggestions: I'm open to
> offers. I'm keen to see these go to listers, so make
> me an offer. The only stipulation is that you DON'T
> re-sell on eBay (or similar) for profit, please.
>
> What isn't taken will go on eBay in a fortnight.
>

> Olympus OM-1 camera body
> Overall condition: Excellent.
> Price: £50 plus P&P
>
> Olympus Zuiko 50mm f1.8 lens
> Overall condition: Excellent.
> Price: £10 plus P&P
>
> Olympus Zuiko 28mm f2.8 lens (MC)
> Overall condition: Excellent.
> Price: £25 plus P&P
>
> Olympus Zuiko 135mm f3.5 lens
> Overall condition: Excellent.
> Price: £25 plus P&P
>
> Olympus Zuiko 135mm f3.5 lens (E.Zuiko)
> Overall condition: Near mint.
> Price: £30 plus P&P
>
> Olympus Motor Drive 1 (MD-1)
> Overall condition: Very good.
> Price: £30 plus P&P
>
> Olympus Motor Drive 1 (MD-1)
> Overall condition: Very good.
> Price: £35 plus P&P
>
> Olympus Winder 2 (motor drive with combined
> batteries)
> Overall condition: Excellent.
> Price: £30 plus P&P
>
> Olympus Focussing Focusing Screen 1-4
> Overall condition: Very good.
> Price: £10 plus P&P
>
> Olympus Focussing Focusing Screen 1-5
> Overall condition: Near mint.
> Price: £15 plus P&P
>
> Olympus T32 Flash instruction booklet
> Overall condition: Very good.
> Price: £1 (plus P&P)
>
> Olympus 35-105mm f3.5~4.5 lens hood
> Overall condition: Excellent.
> Price: £5 plus P&P
>
> Olympus OM fit eye cup
> Overall condition: Excellent.
> Price: £2 (plus P&P)
>
> Gossen Lunasix 3 Light Meter PLUS rare tele
> attachment
> Overall condition: Excellent.
> [...]

=====
Holly Chant