[OM] varimagnifier also Cosina Zuiko zoom

Subject: [OM] varimagnifier also Cosina Zuiko zoom
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:49:39 -0400
I received a couple things today, the varimagnifier that Larry tipped us off
about. The case is a little rough, but the varimagnifier itself is fine. It
does have a couple pieces of dust/dirt inside. Question: If I attempt to
take this apart for cleaning, will there be surprise things happen like
flying springs, etc., or should I just leave it alone? Anyone with
experience on these? Also, a small screw is missing which holds the metal
clip on the back. Looks like a normal little screw like the ones found in OM
bodies. Anyone have a parts camera with some spare screws (or just some
screws from one) they want to sell?

Also the OM2000 and "zuiko" zoom came today, as advertised, in like-new
condition. The Cosina-Zuiko 35-70/3.5-4.8 is typically plasticy, and doesn't
inspire too much confidence that way. I was wondering if anyone on the list
actually uses one of these, and what their opinion of it is. I was looking
at Gary's lens test site, and actually it doesn't seem too much different in
grade from the Zuiko 35-70/4. Given that Gary says that people like myself
are likely to be happy with a B grade, and this lens produced almost all
B's, I'm wondering if I should sell it and replace it with another or keep
it. I plan to pass it on to my son as a Christmas present. And time before
Christmas is getting short to find a different one.

Wayne