[OM] Re: Part for OM2 needed in italy

Subject: [OM] Re: Part for OM2 needed in italy
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:43:33 -0200
on 10/12/2004 16:27, PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service at olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Of course, all these parts are no longer available.
>
> So here are your options:
[snip]

>> I recently sent an OM2 to Italy. Apparently someone has forced the
>> switch and so now the light remains on.

Clint,

Do you have a rough idea about the serial numbers on which the aformentioned
'improvements' were introduced?

How can one tell a plastic CE0976 (diameter 7.0mm) from a CE1130 metal
lever, of the same diameter ?

I don't think that hearing a distinctive plastic sound when knocking using
your nail would be enough to tell one another. Do plastic ones look like
plastic, either on black or chrome finish bodies - both are black levers of
course but I've observed the white paint on black finished bodies to become
yellowish sometimes, but black paint being more resistant.

Hope you recovered from the spine ailment.

Fernando.