[OM] Re: Part for OM2 needed in italy

Subject: [OM] Re: Part for OM2 needed in italy
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:27:12 -0600

> Do you have a rough idea about the serial numbers on which the
aformentioned
> 'improvements' were introduced?

No, sorry -- back when parts were common, we didn't bother taking note of
serial #'s or production codes.  We just fixed them!

> How can one tell a plastic CE0976 (diameter 7.0mm) from a CE1130 metal
> lever, of the same diameter ?

Short of actually removing the lever from underneath, I can't think of any
sure way to tell the difference.  Except if there's cracks on the flat part,
it's got to be plastic!

> Hope you recovered from the spine ailment.

I'm back to about 95%, but it still aches.  I'm going to see a well
recommended chiropractor next week for the first time -- I hope he's all
he's cracked up to be!  ;^)