[OM] Re: Olympus Trouble

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Trouble
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:21:13 -0500
At 08:15 PM 11/11/04, you wrote:

>Real world results. AF and IS achieve a higher keeper count.

I beg to differ with that.  I've seen some seriously disappointing results
letting an uncontrollable pre-programmed machine automagically decide what
it will do . . . utterly contrary to where I want critical focus, how much
density is desired, and where that density level will be placed in the
photograph.

It's all about control, control, control, control, control and more control
. . . by the *photographer* . . . to achieve the exact mental vision for
the finished photograph made in advance of even touching any camera
gear.  You *cannot* do that reliniquishing control of it to pre-programmed
automagic.  It produces someone else's "vision" for the photograph as
predetermined months, if not years beforehand, and utterly frustrates
creativity.

-- John Lind