[OM] Re: Olympus Trouble

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Trouble
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:06:42 -0600
Shucks, I hadn't meant to seem to be complaining about the C-8080, just
that having learned with a Mamiya DTL1000, an FM2, and a OM-1 over the
years has helped me get quite a bit out of it so far.  I do expect a DSLR
to be a lot better than an EVF, but I'm a little disheartened with your
report that it won't render "the same wonderful view through the eyepiece."

Joel W.

At 08:56 AM 11/14/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>I agree up to a point, Joel, but comparing a digicam to an SLR is not
>quite fair, although I realize you are relating your experience with
>the two cameras you are using. Taking a macro shot with a DSLR is no
>more difficult than with the OM1 with the possible exception that you
>don't have the same wonderful view through the eyepiece. You certainly
>can preview the depth of field. I was amazed at how shooting was
>simplified after getting the D100 (before the E-1 came out) after
>learning to shoot with the CP5700.
>

>Winsor
>Long Beach, California, USA
>On Nov 14, 2004, at 5:20 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
>
> > The C-8080 accomplishes macrophotography in my range of aesthetic
> > contentment (1:10 down to about 1:3) with tremendous success, but it
> > is a
> > multistaged operation:

snip