[OM] Re: Olympus Trouble

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Trouble
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 21:39:13 -0800
Joel Wilcox wrote:

>I do expect a DSLR
>to be a lot better than an EVF, but I'm a little disheartened with your
>report that it won't render "the same wonderful view through the eyepiece."

You really need to look for yourself, spend a little time with it and
take some pics. Some people are so upset by the view through the APSish
sensor size DSLRs that they go into weeks long depressions. I'm one of
those others who doesn't find a problem, not even a big deal. The image
is smaller than in a film SLR, but shows me what I need to take the
pictures. No, it isn't as large and bright as an OM-4, let alone a 1 or
2. But, you know what? For looking at the view, I can just take the
camera away from my eye. And oddly enough, these terrible viewfinders
tell me the aperture that is set, which no OM ever did. And in the case
of my 300D, it also tells me if I have set exposure compensation, one of
the things I classically forget on an OM.

This is a really personal thing that can't be judged without trying it out.

Moose