[OM] Re: eBay Item 3845289499 (Motor Drive 2) comments please

Subject: [OM] Re: eBay Item 3845289499 (Motor Drive 2) comments please
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:00:45 +0000
You still would have the problem of the batteries being out in the cold and
losing their oomph over time.  With the M.18V and 10m relay cord, the batteries
are on the inside end, staying warm by the fire.  While you could use a remote
release of the same length with a winder, the cord on the 6V Power Packs 1 and
2 is probably way too short to come inside with you.

On the other hand, you could always just get one of those chemical hand-warmer
thingies and strap it to the winder and not even bother with the external pack.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --