[OM] Re: eBay Item 3845289499 (Motor Drive 2) comments please

Subject: [OM] Re: eBay Item 3845289499 (Motor Drive 2) comments please
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:19:17 +0100
Piers Hemy wrote:

> I did no such thing, nor did I claim to have done anything which could
> reasonably have been described as a felony, nor, for that matter, did I even
> bid on that MD2(but you didn't bid on it either). I didn't steal it, it
> wasn't in any way yours, and it possibly wasn't even good value.

Only pulling your leg!! Looks like it might have grown an inch or two!

> Moreover, from my recent posts, it would have been clear that MD2 is not on
> my want-list (primarily for the reason John H mentioned).
>
> What I *did* do was observe that it had 'gone to a good home' since it had
> been bought by a list member, who perhaps prefers to remain anonymous.

I didn't actually take too much notice, to be honest. I just thought it was you
from your words, and worth a leg pull.

I didn't bid because my bid was too low when AuctionStealer tried to place it.
But it wouldn't have met the reserve anyway.

Not that, to be honest, I was desperately bothered one way or the other. And
judging from what others have said here, it's probably no bad thing I didn't
get it... But I think for 85 quid it would have been OK.

Cheers,

Simon