[OM] Re: eBay Item 3845289499 (Motor Drive 2) comments please

Subject: [OM] Re: eBay Item 3845289499 (Motor Drive 2) comments please
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:32:55 +0100
That's a good plan Walt.  We are, apparently, going to have a pretty
cold winter so my chemical warmers might come in useful.

[OT] the best use I have put them to so far has been to warm the foot
of an old sleeping bag while on exercise with our students.  That would
have been fine if it had not been for the fact the the bag was issued
to me secondhand ... and the warmth brought out the "fruitiness" of the
foot part!

Chris

On 25 Oct 2004, at 15:00, Walt Wayman wrote:

> You still would have the problem of the batteries being out in the
> cold and losing their oomph over time.  With the M.18V and 10m relay
> cord, the batteries are on the inside end, staying warm by the fire.
> While you could use a remote release of the same length with a winder,
> the cord on the 6V Power Packs 1 and 2 is probably way too short to
> come inside with you.
>
> On the other hand, you could always just get one of those chemical
> hand-warmer thingies and strap it to the winder and not even bother
> with the external pack.
>
> Walt
>
> --
<|_:-)_|>