[OM] Re: OM4 currently on Aussie *bay - BEWARE

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 currently on Aussie *bay - BEWARE
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:38:57 +1000
At 05:47 PM 20/10/2004 +1000, John wrote:

>G'day Andrew,
>
>For some strange reason my post to the seller doesn't seem to have been
>sent. That is, I haven't received a duplicate of the post but it may be my
>finger trouble and she'll get back to me.

Hi John,

Thanks for asking (or trying to ask) the seller a question.  Seems strange
that your duplicate hasn't come back at you, maybe you forgot to check the box?

>I simply said that I understood that this was the second time that the ad
>was posted and asked if the
>metering problem had been rectified in the meantime.

At least she (the seller) now knows that the cat is out of the bag and a
third party knows about the meter problem.  I think she'll be wondering if
the whole world knows by now..? <grin>

I have written to her tonight expressing my suspicion that the camera has
not been fixed and that I will be contacting the winner of the auction to
ask them about the meter operation - if it's been fixed then she has
nothing to worry about does she?

>I'm not really interested (read 'financially unable at this time') to bid
>for one but I'm
>pretty annoyed that yet another problem has surfaced from Oz yabe sellers.
>
>Regards,
>John,
>Sydney, Oz.

I'm getting really peeved at dishonest Oz yabe sellers as well.  In the
past couple of months I have returned two faulty OM's, a mis-described Trip
35 and a sick enlarging timer.  The descriptions of all these stated they
were in working order or in the case of the Trip 35 it was described as
faultless - like h*ck it was!

I guess my recent bad experiences have made my hyper about this, that's why
I've reacted to this relisting of the sick OM-4.  I got suckered with it
and I don't feel like watching her do it to someone else right under my nose.

Andrew Mc