[OM] Re: 50/1.2

Subject: [OM] Re: 50/1.2
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:52:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, John Hermanson wrote:

> I don't know anything about Canadian Mail  procedures, so you'd have to
> check that out from your side. Nothing unusual happens as far as me being
> able to receive it.  Canadian packages are just delivered with the rest of
> the mail.

On return of the item taxes will be charged based on the declared/insured
value of the item.  The receiver will have to pay those taxes up front and
then file to get them back based on the fact that it was an item that was
sent out for repair.  Revenue Canada will of course not refund the full
amount because they will charge tax (7% GST) on your labour fee (justified
by the fact that a Canadian should have done the work instead of you. Sheesh!).
It'll also take a couple of months to get any refund.
                                        -mark