[OM] Zoom

Subject: [OM] Zoom
From: Gordon Ross <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:48:02 -0600
Hi all:

OK my recent wedding gig, (it turned out fine - phew) showed me the value of

A) having a John Lind on the list (thanks)
B) pro film - loved the 160 Portra
C) a great lab notably in Calgary and Toronto- VISTEK
D) a 28-85 or 100 zoom lens

It is D) that I want to get some of your considered feedback on, I tried the
35-70/3.6 (good results- hated the feel of it though) and rule out the 28-85
as too expensive- so What is the best 'off-brand'  28-85 or 100
zoom? I am concerned about results but also want compactness and ease of
use. What say you gentlemen?

Gord