[OM] Opinion on LCD monitor?

Subject: [OM] Opinion on LCD monitor?
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:56:23 +0100
I've read some very well-informed opinions on this list and learnt a lot
(thanks all) on the use of LCD monitors for photo work.

I'm looking at a new home PC and one candidate is bundled with a 17" hp monitor
for about 400euro extra - and the family think flat-panel is sexy.

Could any of you have a quick look at this and venture an opinion, compared
perhaps to my existing (3-year old) 17" Dell-badged Trinitron?

http://h50025.www5.hp.com/hpcom/au_en/12_92_337_2952_P9622A.html

If it's unsuitable (for amateur/home photo work), could you suggest what
particular parameters I should look to improve?

many thanks in advance
Jez