[OM] Re: Bronica SLRs discontinued

Subject: [OM] Re: Bronica SLRs discontinued
From: "Ali Shah" <farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 11:28:03 -0400
Another fine example of this corporate "strategy" is TIFFEN. I performed
some technology consulting for Saunders Photographic (Rochester NY) which
manufactured Domke Bags, Beseler, Kodak Books, etc...Tiffen purchased
Saunders a few years ago. In fact my former boss became the IT Manager at
Tiffen's corporate headquarters. At that time Tiffen acquired several
companies around the country...major growth mode I guess. They also shut
down Saunders in Rochester. Turns out Tiffen ran into financial
difficulty...layed off quite a few people (including my former boss).

I dont really see many DOMKE products in local shops...DOMKE has such
respect in the industry. Competition from TAMRAC, LOWEPRO, etc probably has
killed DOMKE and/or TIFFEN didnt market the products properly.

Anyhow - I wonder if Bronica cameras will go down in price or up in price?
Will they have a following like OLYMPUS?

- Ali