[OM] Re: camera up a mountain

Subject: [OM] Re: camera up a mountain
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:08:39 -0600
Years ago I climbed in the Tetons with mountain photographer Boyd Norton and
he carried a medium format outfit. He was working as a nuclear physicist
then but went full-time with the photography later. Leland Howard, another
pro from here, photographed over 900 miles of the Continental Divide trail
to Glacier National Park and carried a medium format outfit the whole way. A
lot of weight but also some beautiful images. Leland published a guidebook
and a picture book and both are very well done. Both of these guys commented
that packing a large camera causes one to limit yourself to one or two
lenses. /jmac