[OM] Re: slightly OT - UK - film scanning - business proposition?

Subject: [OM] Re: slightly OT - UK - film scanning - business proposition?
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:31:06 -0400
and another one bites the dust.... or bits in this case

At 05:23 AM 9/18/2004, Ian wrote:

>I used to set the Nikon LS4000 scanning a neg and go for a coffee. Now I can
>download a full 4gb CF card (350+ images) in the same time.
>
>As a result I have for sale one fully serviced Nikon LS4000 - it came back
>from the service and has simply not been hooked back up; film scanning is
>just so slow and tedious compared to direct digital capture.

Seriously, I would not consider a scanner these days if it were not
for the stash of older photos or the serious commitment to staying
with film. I'm still trying to scan my Dad's slides from the 50's and
it has turned into more work than I thought. And I have the slide
feeder for the LS-4000. For the cost of the feeder alone, you could
get a decent scanner.

Wayne