[OM] Re: slightly OT - UK - film scanning - business proposition?

Subject: [OM] Re: slightly OT - UK - film scanning - business proposition?
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 09:53:10 -0700

>For around a grand, I can continue to use all my old OM kit with almost all
>the advantages digital offers (but at a tiny fraction of the cost of digital
>gear which will be obsolete and worthless in 2 years anyway).

Simon,

I subscribe to this philosophy myself. However I get by with a $200
scanner until the time arrives (in 2-3 years) to get a digital body. I
would use the money saved to buy an Epson 2200 and print your own
photos. I think a 2700dpi scanner + the 2200 is still within the $1000
budget. I can do 11x17 no problem and 13x19 look pretty good too.

mike