[OM] Re: excessive quoting OT now...

Subject: [OM] Re: excessive quoting OT now...
From: Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 19:55:14 +1200
At 19:15 -0700 4/9/04, Moose wrote:
>I had contacts with monovision for several years and liked them. I have
>known others who were completely thrown off by monovision. After a few
>years, I found that what had been pretty much everything but quite close
>up stuff relatively clear changed slowly to 2 zones of good focus with a
>not so good focus zone in between and a growing not so good zone close
>in. I'm now using Pentax aspherical continuous focus lenses with
>parallax correction and anti reflection coating. I like them a lot.

Sorry, I'm not following properly.

Are these Pentax lenses glasses or contact lenses?

I've heard that the Pentax continuous focus glasses are good, but
I've had bad experience with previous generations of this type of
glasses.

I can't (and won't) wear contacts.

I am due for new glasses, can't afford Lasik (can't afford new
glasses either, but what the hell), and am twisting in the wind about
whether to go with the varifocals again or not. I still have to have
single-focus glasses for the computer.

Tell more, please.

Cheers from the Antipodes,

--