[OM] Re: Doing it RAW

Subject: [OM] Re: Doing it RAW
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 01:18:01 -0400
If you only do a few things, with no repetition, there is no
difference. With layers you can go back and redo an adjustment layer,
always working from original data. If not, once you make an adjustment,
the truncation error can accumulate. However, if you do the exact same
set of adjustments in the same order, with or without layers, it may
not matter. I'm not sure if photoshop's compute engine works with
32 bit integers and truncates back to 8 bit between each layer
application, or at the end?

Wayne.