[OM] [OT]Bubble Cars

Subject: [OM] [OT]Bubble Cars
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 22:52:11 -0700
I went to a tiny so called "bubble car" show today. The rule seemed to
be that displacement had to be less than a 1000cc. Lots of BMW/Isetta
300s, one 600, half a dozen Messerschmidts, a Trabant, a very nice DKW,
a rear engine Mazda 360, a Fiat Abarth sedan, several Honda 2
cylinders, a lone NSU and a few Citroen 2CVs. Lots of fun. Rides in
them for some people. Mostly from the 50's and reminded me of cars
still in use in Germany when I was in the service. The oldest was a
beautifully restored American Austin from the 40's. Never saw one of
those before or the tiny Trident which was a true bubble.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA